Participants must read and sign the Release from Liability Agreement prior to rental. By signing, you agree to the following terms:
- A credit card and valid driver’s license or passport is required for rental deposit.
- Helmets and locks are provided for free with rental. Helmets are required for all participants.
- The renter must be 18 years of age or older to rent equipment. Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present to sign the Release from Liability for them.
- Participants must be at least 1-year-old, be able to sit up, hold their head up, and be able to wear a helmet.
- Participants are responsible for the rental equipment, from the time the equipment is rented until the time it is returned, including damage and theft of rental equipment.
- Late returns are subject to overtime charges and late fees.
- Participants must comply with all traffic laws and ride with caution. We ask that cameras and cell phones not be operated while riding due to safety concerns.
- For all bike rentals, a lock, and seat bag will be provided. We’re also happy to share some tips on trails, scenic routes, and other cycling information – just ask!
- Please return your equipment 15 minutes before closing time or rental period in order to allow time for check out.
If you cancel up to 48 hours prior to the rental start time and would like a refund, Pedal Peekskill will issue a refund less a 10% service fee. No refunds are issued for reservations cancelled with less than 48 hours notice. In the event of severe or dangerous weather conditions, Pedal Peekskill will issue a full refund. If the weather is questionable, please call one hour before the rental time to confirm status.
I, for myself and any minor children for which I am parent, legal guardian or otherwise responsible, release the bicycle shop, agents, and employees from any liability for damage or injury to myself or any person or property resulting from negligence, adjustment, selection and use of this equipment. I, understanding the inherent risk involved in using this equipment, accept the full responsibility for any and all such damage or injury which may result.
I accept for use, as is, the equipment in good condition and accept the full responsibility for care of equipment while in my possession. I will be responsible for the prompt replacement at full retail value of all rental equipment for not returned or damaged, other than reasonable wear and tear, which results from the use of this equipment.
I agree to return rental equipment by agreed date and time in clean condition to avoid additional charges.
All instructions on the use of rental equipment have been made clear to me and I understand the function of the equipment.
I accept the terms of this agreement and accept responsibility for the charges.